Sheetala Ashtami 2021 | Famous Hindu Festival
Sheetala Ashtami is a Hindu festival that comes in Krishna Paksha Ashtami, and it has meaningful importance in Hinduism. This festival belongs to Goddess Sheetla Mata who is considered the controller of many diseases. This festival is very auspicious and also known as Basoda Puja. This annual festival comes on the 8th day of the Holi Festival in the Hindu month of ‘Chaitra’.
At the Sheetala Ashtami festival, all the devotees do not fire gas-stove or Chula (Mud stove, which use to burn wood for cooking food) in the house to cook food. According to the festival rites, all the devotee cook food one day before the festival. It is considered that we shouldn’t take stale food after this day, because stale food can be very harmful to our health.
Sheetala Ashtami 2021 dates:-
Sheetala Ashtami festival comes on the 8th day of the “Holi Festival” in the Hindu month of ‘Chaitra’. In the year 2021, the festival is befalling on 04th April 2021 (Sunday).
What is the Significance of Sheetala Ashtami Festival?:-
Celebration of Sheetala Ashtami and the main significance of this festival is that Mata Sheetla can protect us from many types of diseases. It is also considered that it brings health and peace to the lives of all the devotees. According to Hindu mythology, it is believed that the Goddess Sheetla controls control many types of diseases, like chickenpox, smallpox, measles etc. The Ashtami indicates the change of seasons and the cleanliness should be taken to avoid any bad impact of this change.
Sheetala Ashtami Mata Mantra:-
On this special day, we should chant the below-given mantra while doing worship of Sheetala Ashtami mata.
Mantra In Sanskrit:-
वन्दे हं शीतलां देवी रासभस्थां दिगम्बराम्।
Sanskrit to English translation Mantra:-
“Vande am Sheetla Devi Rasabhasthan Digambaram
Puja Vidhi of Sheetala Ashtami:-
- First of all, we should wake up early in the morning at the Sheetala Ashtami festival and take a cold water bath.
- In the Puja Plate, we should arrange puas, bajra, roti, sweet rice, namak-pare and mathri.
- In another plate, roli, Akshat, cloth, moli, turmeric, Holi garland, pennant, mehndi with place a lamp made of flour.
- Place two cold water pot on plates.
- Now worship Sheetla Mata.
- After offering everything to the mother at your house temple, apply turmeric teeka (Pithia) to yourself and all the members from home.
- Now visit Sheetala Devi temple, in the temple, first offer water to the mother and apply turmeric.
- Offer moli, mehndi, and clothes to the mother.
- Offer flour made lamp to the mother. Please note, the offered flour lamp shouldn’t be ignited while offering to the mother.
- Offer all the food and stuff to Goddess which is prepared for the Puja, and the rest of the remaining food you can consume for the day as Prasad which is also known as ‘Basoda’ in the local language.
- In the end, again pour the water to Mother and save a little bit amount of water. Apply remaining saved water on the eyes to all the family members of the house.
- Sprinkle the remaining water in every part of the house.
- After this, do worship at the place of Holika Dahan.
- If anything is left in the Pooja material, please give that to a cow or a Brahmin.
Timing for Sheetala Ashtami 2021 Festival:-
Puja Muhurat – 06:08 AM to 06:41 PM
Ashtami Start Date – 04 April 2021 at 04:12 AM
Ashtami Ends Date – 05 April 2021 at 02:59 AM.
Sheetala Ashtami Wishes & Messages:-
During this festival, people love to share the best Sheetala Ashtami wishes to each other through phone messages, Chatting Apps, Facebook, and handmade greeting cards.
All people look for the best such wishing messages, images and photos over the internet. After doing a lot of online research people select beautiful message and image to share with their relative and loved ones. It gives happiness when people get all types of messages and images which suits according to their relationship.
Hope you like the shared article which is filled with the required information and if you want such useful information or article about any other festivals, we strongly recommend you to share it with us.