Maha Shivaratri 2021 | Famous Hindu Festival
Maha Shivaratri is one of the most important & great Hindu festivals in India, and the huge celebration of this festival is a very big happiness for all Hindu religion. This is an annual festival and it belongs to Lord Shiva. According to the Hindu calendar, the Maha Shivaratri festival comes on lunisolar month, which is the last month of the Hindu calendar, called Phalguna. This holy festival celebrates across India with full of divine heart and happiness.
Maha Shivaratri 2021 date:-
On the occasion of the Maha Shivaratri Festival, we have seen an official holiday in many of the states in India. Along with all the Hindu religion, we have seen many other cultural and religious people also celebrate this holy festival together. In the year 2021, the festival is befalling on 11th March 2021 (Thursday).
How to Celebrate Maha Shivaratri:-
On this auspicious festival, people visit Lord Shiva temple and they keep fasting, Chanting, praying with the singing of “Om Namah Shivaya” chant. On this day devotee offers cow milk, sweets, fruits, and leaves of Bel-Patra to Lord Shiva, as according to the Hindu culture Lord Shiva gets happy by getting above said things.
Why do we celebrate Maha Shivaratri Festival?:-
There are some stories that are considered to the behind of this festival celebration and we have mentioned a few of the stories here for your reference.
- Grand Marriage of Lord Shiva:- In the answer of why do we celebrate Maha Shivaratri festival in Hindu religion?, the first fact is that this festival is celebrated on the occasion of Grand marriage of Lord Shiva with Goddess Parvati. Goddess Parvati is also known as Shakti (Power), who is considered a symbol of love, beauty, power, and honesty.
- During the churned in the ocean (Samudra Manthan), Gods and demons got a pot filled with poison emerged out and Lord Shiva consume that poison to save them. In the honor of saving lives and the entire world, everyone started the Shivaratri celebration.
- There is another incident considered behind the Shivaratri celebration, it is Goddess Ganga descended from heaven to earth in full force. Lord Shiva locked her in his hair to reduce the force of the Ganga River, and release the Ganga river water in several streams to earth.
Shivaratri Puja Vidhi:-
- First, take bath early in the morning and decide to keep fast for the day.
- Visit Shiva temple and carry water, milk, honey, flowers, three Belpatras, Bhang Dhatura, Tulsi, Gofal, Lotus Gatte, Fruits, sweets, sweet paan, perfume, kheer, and Dakshina.
- Apply Kumkum, Chandan to Shiva Linga, and light Dhup with offering Vibhuti which is also called Bhasm.
- While offering all the remedies in the puja pour milk water over the Shiva Linga, and you should chant the Shiva mantra Om Namo Shivaya.
- You need to have one time meal during the day after completing Shiva Puja.
Maha Shivaratri Wishes:-
During this festival, people love to share their best wishes to each other through phone messages, Chatting Apps, Facebook, and handmade greeting cards. We also see that many of the families visit their relatives with pretty gifts to wish them best wishes.
Maha Shivaratri Images:-
On this auspicious festival, all the devotee looks for best images messages or photos over the internet to share their relative and loved ones. It gives happiness when we receive such Maha Shivaratri images messages from our well-wishers.
Hope you like the above-shared article which is filled with the required information and if you want such useful information or article about any other festivals, we strongly recommend you to share it with us.