Maha Shivaratri 2022 | Famous Hindu Festival
Maha Shivaratri is one of the most important & great Hindu festivals in India, and the huge celebration of this festival is a very big happiness for all Hindu religions. This is an annual festival and it belongs to Lord Shiva. According to the Hindu calendar, the Maha Shivaratri festival comes on lunisolar month, which is the last month of the Hindu calendar, called Phalguna. This holy festival celebrates across India with a full of divine heart and happiness.
Maha Shivaratri 2022 date:-
On the occasion of the Maha Shivaratri Festival, we have seen an official holiday in many of the states in India. Along with all the Hindu religions, we have seen many other cultural and religious people also celebrate this holy festival together. In the year 2022, the festival is befalling on 01st March 2022 (Tuesday).
How to Celebrate Maha Shivaratri:-
On this auspicious festival, people visit Lord Shiva temple and they keep fasting, Chanting, praying with the singing of “Om Namah Shivaya” chant. On this day devotee offers cow milk, sweets, fruits, and leaves of Bel-Patra to Lord Shiva, as according to the Hindu culture Lord Shiva gets happy by getting above said things.
Significance of Maha Shivaratri:-
If we talk about religious importance, the night of Mahashivaratri is considered to be the wedding night of Shiva and Mata Parvati. On this day, Shiva had stepped from dispassionate life to household life. This night was very special for Shiva and Parvati Mata. It is believed that those devotees who worship Shiva and his Shakti Mata Parvati by an awakening on this night, worship and hymn etc. All their wishes are fulfilled and all the troubles of life go away. Therefore, the night of Mahashivratri should never be lost by sleeping.
Also know scientific importance-
Even if seen from a scientific point of view, the night of Mahashivratri is very special. In fact, on this night, the northern hemisphere of the planet is located in such a way that the energy inside man naturally starts moving upwards. That is, nature itself is helping man to reach his spiritual peak. Talking religiously, nature connects man with God that night. So that people can get the full benefit of this, it has been said to wake up on the night of Mahashivratri and sit in meditation posture by straightening the spine.
Why do we celebrate Maha Shivaratri Festival?:-
There are some stories that are considered to the behind of this festival celebration and we have mentioned a few of the stories here for your reference.
- Grand Marriage of Lord Shiva:- In the answer of why do we celebrate Maha Shivaratri festival in Hindu religion?, the first fact is that this festival is celebrated on the occasion of Grand marriage of Lord Shiva with Goddess Parvati. Goddess Parvati is also known as Shakti (Power), who is considered a symbol of love, beauty, power, and honesty.
- During the churned in the ocean (Samudra Manthan), Gods and demons got a pot filled with poison emerged out and Lord Shiva consume that poison to save them. In the honor of saving lives and the entire world, everyone started the Shivaratri celebration.
- There is another incident considered behind the Shivaratri celebration, it is Goddess Ganga descended from heaven to earth in full force. Lord Shiva locked her in his hair to reduce the force of the Ganga River, and release the Ganga river water in several streams to earth.
Shiva Puja Timings:-
According to the belief, Lord Shiva and Mata Parvati should be worshipped only during the auspicious period on the day of Mahashivratri, then only the full fruit of worship is received. There is a tradition of worshipping Shiva four times in the night on the day of Mahashivratri and it is believed that worshipping these four hours on this day removes all sins and sufferings and brings happiness and prosperity to the house.
Shivaratri Puja Vidhi:-
- First, take bath early in the morning and decide to keep fast for the day.
- Visit Shiva temple and carry water, milk, honey, flowers, three Belpatras, Bhang Dhatura, Tulsi, Gofal, Lotus Gatte, Fruits, sweets, sweet paan, perfume, kheer, and Dakshina.
- Apply Kumkum, Chandan to Shiva Linga, and light Dhup by offering Vibhuti which is also called Bhasm.
- While offering all the remedies in the puja pour milk water over the Shiva Linga, and you should chant the Shiva mantra Om Namo Shivaya.
- You need to have one time meal during the day after completing Shiva Puja.
Maha Shivaratri Wishes:-
During this festival, people love to share their best wishes with each other through phone messages, Chatting Apps, Facebook, and handmade greeting cards. We also see that many of the families visit their relatives with pretty gifts to wish them best wishes.
Maha Shivaratri Images:-
On this auspicious festival, all the people look for the best images messages, or photos over the internet to share with their relatives and loved ones. It gives happiness when we receive such Maha Shivaratri images messages from our well-wishers.
Hope you like the above shared article which is filled with the required information and if you want such useful information or an article about any other festivals, we strongly recommend you to share it with us.